Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes With Makeup
Get rid of dark circles under eyes to gain confidence and look your best. Dark circles can age you as much as gray hair and wrinkles. Men, women, and children can all experience dark circles, and they are usually harmless. While fatigue is the most well-known cause of under-eye circles, they can be caused by other factors.
What Causes Under-Eye Circles?
Being overly tired or sick can cause dark circles under your eyes, but there are other causes as well:
- Alcohol use
- Nasal congestion
- Scratching or rubbing your eyes
- Sun exposure
- Excessive pigment
- Your skin naturally thins as you age. This, coupled with decreased collagen and fat, can lead to dark circles.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated.
- Use a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 to protect the delicate skin from sun damage.
- Place cool cucumber slices on your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Place cooled teabags over eyes for 15 minutes. Use only regular tea; herbal teas are not as effective.
- Get plenty of rest every night.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes With Makeup
- Use a concealer under foundation to hide dark circles. Try a liquid concealer that dries to a matte finish. Be sure to blend concealer with your skin tone.
- If your eyes are puffy, choose a concealer one shade darker than your skin tone. Otherwise, use a concealer one shade lighter.
- Regular foundation and powder let light though, so they are not enough to cover dark circles.
- Be careful not to use too much concealer because this will draw attention to the area.
- Avoid applying mascara to your lower lashes. This draws attention to the area and flakes of mascara can cause the area to look darker.
- Choose a concealer with a yellow undertone to neutralize the blue tone of under-eye circles.