With the trends toward natural skin care skyrocketing, it isn’t a wonder that more of us are using DIY techniques to better ourselves inside and out and spending less doing it. If you are looking for a fabulous DIY natural anti-aging skin treatment, you’ve come to the right place.
There are scads of so-called natural anti-aging skin treatments out there. They claim to do everything, from erasing wrinkles to removing dark circles from under the eyes. Very few contain only pure and natural ingredients. Some have more preservatives in them than active ingredients, and products that are all-natural will usually put you back a pretty penny, but never fear, I’ve got a solution!
We all know the basics of good skin care include proper nutrition, exercise, and rest, along with cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. But what is even more important, and is often overlooked, is exfoliation and protection. As our skin ages, it makes new cells more slowly. Exfoliation encourages new skin cells to reproduce faster, thus giving us more youthful skin. Protection is also key. You don’t want all your hard work going out to sea with one day of improper protection at the beach. Always protect your skin with sunscreen, even if you aren’t planning a trip to the beach.
A wonderful exfoliation anti-aging skin treatment is simple to make. Wash your face with warm water to open the pores, and then mix oatmeal, crushed almonds, and honey together to form a paste and leave it on for about 2 minutes. Rinse with cold water. This is great for all skin types (even sensitive, dry skin) and is a lovely way to remove those dead skin cells while moisturizing. If you have oily skin but still want a natural exfoliation, use corn meal (or corn flour) and apple juice for the paste. For normal to very dry skin, use a paste of olive oil and sugar for exfoliation.
Here are some great natural ingredients to use for your anti-aging skin treatment regimen that can easily be found either in your kitchen or health food store:
- Fresh fruit, such as pomegranates, raspberries, cranberries, blueberries (they contain ellagic acid, which improves elasticity and collagen production), or almost any fresh fruit.
- Green tea (an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient).
- Sea buckthorn (loaded with anti-aging vitamins and nutrients) combats dryness and wrinkles.
- Essential Oils, such as rose, neroli, sandalwood, geranium, frankincense, orange, patchouli, rosewood, spikenard, and myrrh.
- Natural oils and butters,such as rosehip seed, evening primrose, borage, almond, shea, along with many others. Do a little research and you’ll find tons of information.
- Vitamins A, C, E, (power-packed vitamins), and K (for dark circles), and CoQ10.
- DMAE (occurs naturally in our bodies and in fish).
Also, use a little of this wonderful DIY anti aging treatment serum every day and you’ll see a difference in your skin’s appearance:
- 30 drops of rosehip seed oil
- 10 drops borage oil
- 2 drops rose abs. or rose otto
- 4 drops neroli
- 10 drops sandalwood
- 4 drops frankincense
- 5 drops geranium or rose geranium
- 7 drops orange
- 3 drops spikenard
- 2 ounces of carrier oil, such as almond, shea, evening primrose
Store in an air-tight, dark glass container with a dropper. Use within six months.