How Can Dermal Fillers Injected at Rejuve NYC Improve the “Thin Lips”?
What is So Umpleasant About Thin Lips?
A common complaint by women of all ages is thin lips. As we age, our lips tend to lose their volume and consequently start to appear thin, dry and wrinkled. Other factors that may cause thin lips include dehydration, allergies, use of certain cosmetic products that irritate the lips, certain medical disorders like lupus and Sjögren disease, dry environment and lack of a proper diet.
Thin lips can make women look older. Women often cover thin lips with gloss or lipstick, but the results are temporary. Fortunately today, there are several good options for women who have thin lips. There are several collagen and non-collagen fillers that can be injected into the lips to make them fuller and luscious. Common dermal fillers for thin lips include Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, and teosyal.
If you undergo lip augmentation with a collagen dermal filler, you will need to undergo pretesting to ensure that you are not allergic to the material.
The plumping of thin lips is done as an outpatient procedure in a New York skin center of Rejuve NYC. The procedure takes less than 45 minutes. Prior to the injections, the lips are numbed with a topic anesthetic, and there is minimal pain during the procedure. The results are immediate, and there is little downtime. The end result is often dramatic, and most women that have had dermal injections to plump up their lips claim that it makes them feel sexy.
So should you rush and get your thin lips augmented here in New York?
NYC experts in medical aesthetics offer the following advice for people who wish to undergo lip augmentation.
- If you have a disorder like Sjögren or lupus which is associated with thin lips, then it is best to avoid the lip plumping. In order to undergo lip augmentation, one must be in relatively good health and have a realistic expectation.
- If you have no idea what your lips will look like, try a temporary dermal filler. The results will last three to four months and your lip size and contour can be modified according to your preference.
While lip implants offer a permanent solution for thin lips, removal is difficult if for some reason you are not satisfied.
- The recovery after dermal fillers is fast and usually less than 48 hours; the recovery after a lip implant is about 5-7 days
- Lip augmentation for thin lips also has other benefits- the procedure can correct uneven lips and restore symmetry
- Even though some healthcare workers offer silicone injections, most New York cosmetic surgeons feel that silicone is not safe and is a poor option as a dermal filler. In addition, silicone has not been approved by the FDA as a dermal filler
- Finally, you are a good candidate for lip plumping for thin lips if you are realistic in your expectations and have a positive attitude.
Today, women and men with thin lips have several good options to enhance or augment the size and shape of their lips. This includes injection of dermal fillers, fat, lip implants, lip lifting and Vermillion advancement.
These are some of the factors that you need to consider before you undergo lip plumping. If you have thin lips and are looking to improve their appearance the best advice is to see a New York City cosmetic doctor.
Contact our staff at Rejuve NYC, and we will be able to schedule you in with Dr. Marina Gafanovich. With years of experience, Dr. Gafanovich will listen to your needs, address any concerns you may have and determine the best possible treatment for you. Call now to book your consultation.