Home remedies for acne scars can help make dealing with acne much easier and help to boost your self-esteem as well. People of all ages get acne and for some, embarrassing scars are a big problem. For this reason, home remedies have gained a lot of popularity over the years.
Home remedies for acne scars are inexpensive and easy to use. They’re gentler on the skin and safer to use than some of the harsh medications sold on the market today. Here are some of the best home remedies available to help reduce the scarring caused by acne, and tips on how to use them.
- Sandalwood and rosewater mask: Mix sandalwood and rosewater together to make a paste to be used as a facial mask. Apply directly to the face and leave on for at least an hour for a cool, soothing effect. Wash off with warm water.
- Olive oil: Apply olive oil to the scarred area; this will moisturize and soften the texture of the skin and make the scars harder to see.
- Honey: Honey acts as a natural moisturizer for the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of scars caused by acne.
- Lavender oil: Place lavender oil on your scars twice a day to help moisture the skin and minimize the scars.
- Cucumbers: Sliced cucumbers will refresh the skin and alleviate inflammation, and this will help the scars to become less noticeable.
- Tomatoes: Slice tomatoes and place them directly on the scars; the vitamin A and antioxidants found in tomatoes will help to heal the damaged skin.
People have used home remedies for acne scars for years, but it’s becoming more and more popular. When using home remedies it’s important to remain persistent. You can’t use them once and expect your scars to completely disappear. Nevertheless, if you follow these instructions and use the remedies on a regular basis, the scars should become less visible and in some cases may even disappear.
Is your teen suffering from acne scars? Talk to your dermatologist to discuss other treatments, such as collagen injections and chemical peels, if you don’t see improvement after using these home remedies. It’s best to try and prevent scars from occurring, but when it does occur, first try using these home remedies for acne to help make them less noticeable.