We all want younger-looking beautiful skin, so it is no wonder that some of the hottest products in personal care and natural beauty are anti-aging products. But if you don’t like spending hundreds of dollars for all those wrinkle creams, serums, and similar products, stay tuned. I’m going to share one of my best anti-aging wrinkle serum recipes with you.
Many of the so-called best anti-aging products on the market have tons of synthetic chemicals and preservatives. If you are like me; always looking for the natural way, you will love this DIY wrinkle serum recipe.
Now it may seem that some of the ingredients are a bit expensive, but there are good reasons that justify spending a little more and ways to get around the high costs. First, you only want the best natural ingredients for your face, right? Second, you can always share the cost of the initial purchase with family, friends, or even have a DIY spa day with your girlfriends. Third, spending a bit more on quality ingredients will give better results.
Before starting this process, please note that knowledge is key when dealing with essential oils. They are highly potent and all have specific qualities. Do your homework before beginning any DIY beauty project. Since essential oils are highly concentrated forms of the plant, flower, etc., for some people, using them at full strength may even be dangerous. Children, the elderly, and pregnant women should cut the amounts of essential oils in half for sensitivity reasons and always check with your doctor before using an essential oil if you have any questions that it may not be right for you. And remember, less is more when it comes to using essential oils.
This recipe makes 2 ounces, but you can halve or double it. Use serum twice daily (morning and night), and throw away any leftovers after a few months.
- 1 ounce rose hip seed oil (Rose hip is rich in omega 3 and 6, helps rejuvenate aged and sun-damaged skin, and penetrates the skin quickly.)
- 1 ounce argan oil (Argan oil has some of the best anti-wrinkle properties and can also help heal scars.)
- 3 drops carrot seed oil (A must-have regenerating, rejuvenating essential oil that stimulates circulation and aids in repairing and toning the skin while increasing skin elasticity, which helps reduce wrinkles.)
- 2 drops frankincense (Encourages skin cell growth.)
- 2 drops myrrh (Myrrh is a wonderful balancer and adds hydration, while aiding with removal of toxins and promoting tissue repair.)
- 2 drops neroli (Neroli stimulates cells and aids in repairing broken capillaries, and increases elasticity of mature skin.)
- 1 drop patchouli (Patchouli promotes and stimulates new cell growth, while helping to calm red or inflamed skin.)
- 3 drops rose (With all of rose’s wonderful qualities, it is the queen of essential oils for women. Rose has excellent hydration properties and is wonderful for promoting skin elasticity. Don’t leave rose out of your anti-aging wrinkle serum.)
- 2 drops sandalwood (Sandalwood is optional, but I always add it for its balancing and nourishing properties, as well as the wonderful scent.)
Directions: Mix and store in a dark glass bottle with a dropper. Store in a cool, dark place. Shake before using. Apply one dropper of the serum nightly.